CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
PROGRAM DIRECTOR, Evergreen, Colorado
Mustard Seed Ranch (MSR) in Colorado is currently looking to hire a Program Director to provide Equine Assisted Activities and Therapies (EAAT) at our program ranch in Evergreen, Co. This position is full-time and we require a MA in Psychology, Social Work or Counseling Degree. Primary duties include the coordination and facilitation of the MSR equine program for youth ages 8-18 in addition to recruiting and training volunteers to support the program. For position inquires or to submit your cover letter and resume please contact Jody Enget at email@example.com.
Provide Equine Assisted Activities and Therapies (EAAT) that are safe, effective and fun, according to Mustard Seed mission and guidelines. Reports to Colorado Supervisor.
This position is of an Exempt employee. Mustard Seed will pay on a monthly schedule. Compensation will be communicated through your letter of employment.
You will be directly responsible for any benefits.
Paid Time Off
After six months of employment you shall be eligible for five (5) days off paid during the following six-month period. After the one-year anniversary of employment you shall be eligible for ten (10) days of paid vacation per calendar year.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
1. Program Facilitation
• Work with MSR team to tour and schedule individual clients into groups that are appropriate and effective for individual’s needs.
• Set up agency partnerships and communicate program procedures with their agency point of contact.
• Facilitate all assigned EAAT in a timely, professional, effective and safe manner according to the Mustard Seed curriculum.
• Adhere to all Mustard Seed Policies and safety procedures.
• Develop and implement appropriate individual goals for each participant after consultation with the appropriate individuals- i.e. Program Director, health professionals, family members, educators and social service workers.
• Ensure all participant paperwork is completed prior to participation.
• Select appropriate horses, tack and equipment.
• Routinely inspect and ensure that our equipment (helmets, props for ring, tack) is meeting our needs and is orderly.
• Oversee all activities relevant to the specific class being taught, including retrieval of horses, tacking/grooming, warm-up of horses, arena set-up and tear-down and returning horses to stalls/turnout.
• Perform appropriate and safe mounting and dismounting procedures.
• Ensure that all programs begin and end on time.
• Complete all required program paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
• Maintain neat and orderly arena, tack room and office areas.
• Manage volunteers who assist in your lessons.
• Serve as a mentor to students, volunteers and instructors in training.
• Attend staff meetings, ongoing training and special events as needed.
• Assist in maintaining a quality therapeutic program at Flying Horse Ranch and Evergreen.
• Work with Mustard Seed team to develop strong referral relationships.
• Be knowledgeable and qualified to handle operating center emergencies.
• Represent Mustard Seed to participants, volunteers, and to the public in a positive, supportive, and professional manner.
• Maintain and enhance knowledge of current practices in field of therapeutic equine services through continuing education.
• Maintain required communication with all Mustard Seed staff.
• Continually monitor the physical and behavioral level of all horses and report any comments and/or concerns to the Equine Manager immediately.
• Assist in horse conditioning and care at the direction of the Equine Manager.
3. Volunteer Management
• Maintain an environment conducive to volunteer support and safety.
• Communicate with volunteers in a positive and respectful manner.
• Solicit volunteer feedback and encourage volunteer interaction on a consistent basis.
• Ensure quality volunteer performance through volunteer orientation and ongoing training as needed.
• Communicate with volunteers in the event of cancellation of classes.
4. Horse Care
• Support horse care needs only as directed and organized through the MSR Equine Manager
• Facilitate tours for clients.
• Assist with presentations and special events on an as needed basis.
For position inquires or to submit your cover letter and resume, please contact Jody Enget at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2018 Mustard Seed Ranch
TAX ID #91-2145872
MUSTARD SEED RANCH